January 27, 2009

Painting With Light - Part I

Funnily enough, even though my blog's title refers to the meaning of the word photography, that is not the way I intended it.

Instead, the light that I refer to painting with is my own inner light. Unlike the movie Star Wars, where the the Dark and Light Side exist independently, I acknowledge that both the dark and light co-exist simultaneously within me, and it is my daily working with both of them that ultimately paints, with light, my life story.

I subscribe to a more yin-yang point of view, where darkness and light are relative to one another, and are complementary opposites as opposed to mortal enemies. A picture that is completely white, or completely black would be fairly mundane to me. A picture that that manages to balance both its dark and light aspects harmoniously is far more appealing.
And in this search for balance in daily living, to acknowledge that there will be constant shifts in balance, offering me the opportunity to grow; not by subtraction, but by addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment