January 25, 2009

Mysterious Ways

I need to say thank you.

I received a touching and inspirational surprise this morning (Saturday) when meeting a friend of mine for coffee and to discuss the possibility of a practice shoot in the afternoon. Over coffee, he presented me with a Sigma EF-500DG ST flashgun as a gift.

Wow!!!

I have coveted a flashgun for the past two-and-a-half years and have borrowed this particular one on several occasions in the past for paid corporate work. It does a fantastic job; adds a whole new dimension of possibilities to my photography. Thus far I have worked predominantly (read just about exclusively) with natural light and am a complete novice when it comes to using flashguns. But I know that with only a little bit of practice and knowledge of the equipment, astounding results can be achieved. I am motivated by the fortuitous timing and know how valuable this gift is.

I will not mention the friend's name - I'm almost sure that he would prefer it that way. But here's a message for him:
"Thank you. I don't doubt that you know how much this means to me. I know that it is not just a gift of the physical, but a gesture of goodwill for the direction I have decided upon and a sign of your confidence in my ability to produce some valuable memories for others with it. I will endeavor to do so, and will remain grateful for your support at this crucial moment. "

Below is a photograph taken with the flashgun at in my garden this afternoon. The photograph has had a very quick edit done to it. I am ecstatic with the result.

Model: Silke (thanks for your patience and willingness)

Lighting: Sigma EF500 DG ST Flashgun + Gold Reflector




No comments:

Post a Comment